Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Introduction


Hi,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Matthew Hickman, I live in a small town called Tipton in the West Midlands with my partner - Helen and our two children, Millie and Jake.

Over the past few months, I've tried my hand at writing and have been pleasantly surprised that some of the stories that I've submitted for collections have been accepted into various publications.

For many years I've been an avid reader. I enjoy books from any genre. I grew up reading brilliant books by;

Roald Dahl.

CS Lewis.

Hugh Lofting.

Mary Norton.

Herge.

As I grew, so did my love for reading and I lapped up many of the classics such as

Bram Stoker's - Dracula.

William Golding's - Lord Of The Flies.

Mark Twain's - Huckleberry Finn Adventures.

Mary Shelly's - Frankenstein

Fyodor Dostoyevski's - Crime And Punishment.

As long as it was entertaining, I would read it.

Over the past few years I've developed a taste for the horror and thriller genres. I've read anything as far back as classic horror books by Edgar Allen Poe, Bram Stoker and William Hope Hodgson through to the more traditional horror writers such as Stephen King, Richard Laymon, Dean Koontz, James Herbert and Clive Barker.

Along came digitally published books and with it came a whole new host of authors that I started to persue. Writers included Alex Kava, JA Konrath, Bryan Smith, Matt Shaw, Michael Bray, Iain Rob Wright, Graeme Reynolds, Tim Miller and Ian Woodhead right the way through to new writers who are currently starting out. I've found some great up and coming writers like Stuart Keane, Jack Rollins, Kyle M Scott, Andrew Lennon and Shaun Hupp.

It is my intention to use this blog to keep you updated with any reviews of books that I believe that you may be interested in and general news from various authors. Including dates and details of releases including pieces by myself.

Watch this space..

Thanks for reading

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment